We offer trauma-focused therapy through our six-week residential Intensive Treatment Programme. Our specialist clinical teams use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). You can read more about this on the NHS Choices website.
The treatment we offer is in line with the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Treatment Guidelines and the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Treatment Guidelines.
If you need our help, please contact our 24-hour Helpline 0800 138 1619, text 07537 404 719 (standard charges may apply for texts), or email email@example.com.
Helping you live in the moment
We run stabilisation programmes at our treatment centres. This gives you the discipline and skills to better manage your life on a day-to-day basis. The progamme is tailored to you and looks at your symptoms, current medication and explores ways to make changes to your behaviour.
A process known as 'psycho-education' looks at the causes of your mental health issues and how this affects you. This helps you understand your symptoms and includes:
- the impact of traumatic events
- the effects of trauma on your family
- understanding grief and loss
- surviving guilt
- adjusting back to civilian life
- addictive behaviours
- depression management
- sleep hygiene – exploring ways to help you sleep better.
Learning ways of coping
We offer training so you can learn how to manage and understand difficult thoughts, issues, feelings and memories. This can include:
- mindfulness – where you pay attention to the present moment, your own thoughts and feelings and to the world around you
- anxiety management
- anger management
- grounding techniques – this is a coping strategy designed to ‘ground’ or connect you with the present moment and is often used as a way of coping with flashbacks.