Defence Employers Recognition Scheme (ERS)
Gold Standard Award
We are proud to have achieved a Gold Award.
To qualify for the gold award, holders must meet strict criteria. This includes signing the Armed Forces Covenant; proactively demonstrating an organisation’s forces-friendly credentials as part of its recruitment and selection processes; and providing at least 10 days’ additional leave for training, fully paid, to Reservist employees.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, our advocacy and support of the armed forces community includes hosting the annual Military Mind Symposium; attending numerous health fairs and armed forces community-based events; providing online self-help and organisational resources; and delivering educational work with veteran-centric organisations. We have also introduced guaranteed interviews for veterans and their families providing they meet minimum job requirements.
We offer employees a range of benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, with an increase to 30 days annual leave upon 5 years of continuous service, plus bank holidays and an additional increase to 33 days annual leave upon 10 years continuous service, plus bank holidays for salary bands 1 - 7.
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an additional increase to 33 days annual leave upon 10 years continuous service, plus bank holidays for salary bands 8a - 8d.
- Stakeholder pension scheme with contributions matched up to 11% of salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted healthcare cash plan
- Training and development including continuing professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Death in Service Scheme