You are here:

Fundraising FAQs

Thank you for fundraising for Combat Stress.

If you want to take one of our charity places for a marathon or a mud run, check out the events we have places for. But if you don’t see any events that you like, please feel free to organise your own or get in touch with our team. 

Can I get Combat Stress materials to help me fundraise?

Yes, please check out our online fundraising resources for fundraising tips and items that can be downloaded and printed out to help you raise funds and awareness. 

If there is anything else ou w ould like, please email

Where can I get a Combat Stress fundraising pack and sponsorship form?

Please download our Fundraising Pack here.

You can find our sponsorship form here. After your event, please send your sponsrship form to Fundraising, Combat Stress, Tyrwhitt House, Oaklawn Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BX. Find out how to send the funds you have raised -  .  

How do I set up an online fundraising page?

Creating a JustGiving fundraising page or Virgin Money Giving page is quick and easy – simply follow the links to their step by step guides.

Online fundraising pages are a great way to raise funds - you can keep track of donations, and send the link out to family and friends via email and social media posts. You can personalise your page with photos, stories and update son your fundraising. 

How do I pay in the money I have raised?

The funds you have raised via a JustGiving page or Virgin Money Giving page will automatically come to Combat Stress. However, if you have cash donations you can send them to Combat Stress by:

  •   Bank Transfer – you can pay your money directly into the Combat Stress bank account: NatWest, Account Number 00100013, Sort Code 60-00-01. Please quote your name as a reference and if possible email us. 
  •   By Post – Please make cheques payable to Combat Stress. Download and print off a donation form  and send it to us at Combat Stress, Tyrwhitt House, Oaklawn Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BX. Donation form -
  •   By Phone – Call 01372 587 151 to make a payment using your credit or debit card. To help us process your contribution as quickly and efficiently as possible, please provide your name, contact details and event when paying money in.

Can I claim Gift Aid on the money I have raised?

As a registered charity, Combat Stress can claim back an extra 25p on every £1 donated through Gift Aid. To claim Gift Aid your sponsors must be UK tax payers and they will need to record their home address, postcode, donation amount and tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsor form or fundraising platform such as JustGiving.

How do the funds I have raised make a difference?

As a charity we are reliant on the generosity of our supporters. Without the vital donations from individuals, trusts and foundations, charities, corporations and the government we would simply not be able to provide life-changing treatment and support for veterans with mental health problems.

Every year more than 2,000 veterans take the first step to seeking help by reaching out to us. Our specialist treatment helps rebuild lives, brings families back together and gives veterans a future again. 

Find out how we spend donations -
Find out about our work -


I would like to share my story with Combat Stress and local media

Please contact our Communications Team.

Can Combat Stress promote my event?

Unfortunately Combat Stress cannot promote individual fundraising events however for helpful advice on promotion contact our fundraising team.

Have you written a book?

We are able to supply our ‘in support of’ logo and information about Combat Stress; on occasion however, a disclaimer that the charity doesn’t endorse the book or its contents may be required.

We do not have connection with book publishers and cannot assist with having manuscripts printed, nor are we qualified to offer literacy critique of your work.

We do not have the facilities to store, market or distribute books ourselves.

Music Policy

We are very happy for musicians to produce and sell their music in support of Combat Stress and we will provide you with the ‘In Support Of’. We do not however have any connections with in the music industry or related media outlets to help promote songs.

Can I use your name and or logo on my website or in publicity materials?

You are not permitted to use the Combat Stress name or logo on any marketing materials that you produce without prior consent. You may not take our logo from the internet, neither may you use our name or logo on items that are to be sold without our approval. Contact us with your plans and we will provide you with our ‘In Support Of’ logo.

Can a charity representative attend my event?

We welcome being asked about charity attendance at your event however this may not be viable due to representatives and resources in your region. Please do contact us with details of your event including your name and location.